Saturday, March 12, 2016

Making some fun Hippie Pants

This was a quick fix to a pair of pants that had started getting some holes in it. My neighbor gave me this idea - said she had pants like this when she was a little girl. I just ran with it. I fixed the beginning of holes by patching the jeans on the inside with some jean material from another pair of jeans (thrift store find). Next I machine embroidery on the front pocket and I also embroidery on the flair I put inside the leg to make them bell bottoms. I used the same denim I used to mend the holes in the pants.
 Now you can see I wanted them to be calm and use single color designs. I tried to pick colors that would not 'blast' you when you wore them. ( not that I don't just love being blasted with color -big smile)
 My neighbor just adored the embroidery in the front pocket area.
Now on the bell I embroidery a butterfly on each side and just used  a fancy stitch that came with the machine to go up each side of the add on bell. I also left the bottom unhemmed on purpose to give it a rough look. I really like them. I did not do the bell high up on the leg and I was very pleased with the look.
If you want to do this I just did a rough estimate and threw it together. There are many examples if you run a search through a search engine. (which I did not do until after I made the pants.) LOL 
I wear these often now. I believe they will last through summer. Not bad for a pair of pants that came from a thrift store and fixed with another pair of thrift store pants. We are saving money now. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment