Saturday, March 5, 2016

Beginning the Tablecloth from recycled men's shirts

I have picked out the shirts to use and started cutting them up. I have a pictures of all the shirts my dad sent me and off to the side is my back up thrift store find that if I need additional material this will hopefully fit the bill. I just cut them into panels for now. I have one panel for the back and one on each side. With the sleeves I cut them into what ever shape they were-- long sleeved or short sleeved. Now it is time to iron and start laying them out to see if we need more. :) on another note I found a stain on one of the front panels of a shirt - which was a real bummer because it had an embroidered paw from the High School were he use to teach. I have treated the stain -- lets hope it comes out. If not then I will need to decide if I want to use it or not. This could be a tough decision being that if will be a table cloth and bound to get stained at some point.

The shirts before I cut them up :
Stay with me I will keep you involved every step of the way.  Have a great day.!!

No comments:

Post a Comment