Sunday, August 21, 2016

Thrift Store find Pants ReVamped to wear

Found these pants during a bag sale at a local Thrift Store --They were to short and I really did not want to make capris out of them. So Here is what I did, I made bell bottoms on the legs and used lace and ribbon I have been collecting over the years to spice things up.  I think the pants are fun -- now we have to see if I actually use them.
Just think if I do -- pants cost around forty cents, lace maybe a dollar, buttons just a few cents, and the velvet was a skirt purchased at a thrift store Recycled. I have washed and dried the pants and they are holding up well.
It is fun to create out of the box. :)




I have had some problems with this combination. Here on the farm the inserted fabric did not hold up.:(πŸ˜”
I took all the extra lace off and mended the fabric but in the end I just let it go and cut it out. After a search I choice some heavy cotton that was formally a curtain panel. I have worn them sever times and I am much happier with this combination.
I have worn them several times and they are holding up great. Lesson learned. LOL Although I love the velvet style the farm life does not and we are all about durability.
πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ
September 2017: Update, I wear these pants all the time and get compliments on them like crazy.


No comments:

Post a Comment