Saturday, February 27, 2016

The Quilt Top is done and off to the Quilter

Unbelievable it is done. This quilt turned out to be much bigger than I expected. I measured the width and it was 109 inches I did not even worry about the length. I knew I need to be careful not to go to wide or it would not fit on her machine. I also had to move everything to the kitchen table. I needed more room to maneuver the quilt. What I did was divide the rows up with white material to give it some definition. I used all the flower material my aunt gave me and made rows around the edge creating borders. On the sides I used three rows of three inch material and on the top I used three rows but on the bottom I used two. The key here is I just used up all but small pieces of the flowery material. I figured if would just be an easy way to know the top or if I preferred the bottom. Either way it works.
In a previous post I stated that some of the material had been stored in moth balls and I just wanted to post the responses I have gotten in my world because they just made me laugh. Mrs. BJ said, "It will keep the bug away-" My quilter stated, " I remember that smell it was always in our home" and in my house I heard " what you have a problem with that?" Me no problem..... It is not overwhelming. Living out here in the country it will meet all the requirement listed above. :)
One final mention -- Everyone has been impressed with all the time and effort on the cross stitch panels.  There are twelve.


So in closing on this quilt. I can not wait to use it. It will remind me everyday of two women very important in my life and who I love dearly.

Now we are off to start the table cloth made from shirts my dad sent to me. :)
I'll keep you posted every step of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment