Sunday, February 21, 2016

Rainy Day Goals

Today it has been rainy and gloomy. Ziva want to be outside every chance she gets. The goal for today was to finish the quilt I had been working on but this quilt is slow going. The middle of each panel was embroidery by a dear friend. I have been using material given to me by my aunt. Most of these prints are definitely from the eighties. LOL Since this is for our enjoyment I have made use of what was provided to us. One of the fun things about this quilt is someone stored this material near or with moth balls. If you know moth balls numerous washing does not remove the smell. As I ironed several pieces I could smell the moth balls. ( I know several of you would say YUCK but it does remind me of my grandmothers home in southern Alabama. HAHA)

Here is a picture of the panel and I cut the strips in three inches. Planning on sewing a 1/4 seam allowance.


There are twelve panels that she embroidered on and I did two rows of three inch strips along the edge. This was very time consuming for there was limited material and often I was piecing the leftovers together to make a long enough strip. However this next picture will give you a good idea of exactly when it is time to quit. Ziva decided she would get right in my way if I did not stop for the day.

So with a totally in use chaotic work area. (only means creativity in in session). I called it quits for the day. I did manage to finish all the squares so now it is how do I want to pull this together. I have a few ideas. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment