Friday, February 19, 2016

Plans here at April Fool Farm

We have plans here at the farm and I wanted to give you a glimpse of what is to come. This summer the goal is to actually try and make goat's milk cheese. Also would like to try and make some goat's milk lotion and soap. However we will start with the cheese. :) I have several quilts planned to make. I am working on one right now that the material was given to me by my aunt and the main blocks were embroidery by a super deal friend ( that I love) these are large blocks and there are twelve of them so I am really excited to see the final product. Doing this quilt is slow going. I have several shirts my dad sent me from when he was teaching high school - they have the school mascot on them and I contacted him about if he would mind me cutting them up and making a tablecloth. He said do it. That is my next project. Not to be forgotten the neighbor has me intrigued with watercolor painting. I have several sketches ready to try.
As you can see we have lots going on. this is only the craft section of the farm we still have baby goats being bottle feed and I have two dairy goat does that I want to bond with so I can train them for the milking stand. We still have eight does due to have babies and out of those seven are first time mothers. Anything goes there. Easter brings baby rabbits and we did not have as many babies this year but they are all born and growing. It will not be to many more weeks and the incubators will be set up for chicken eggs. The peahens started laying eggs in April last year - May the year before that. As you can see. WOW it will never end.

WOULDNT HAVE IT ANY OTHER WAY!

stick around -- never know what could happen.
aprilfoolfarm.com

No comments:

Post a Comment