Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Pant revamp This is another pair I made longer

I found these pants at a thrift store for only ten cents. ( you can not beat that!) So here is what I did with the pants. ( which by the way I love) I originally purchased corduroy to insert to make longer but I really did not like how they looked. I tore through my stash of old clothes I had disassembled to see if anything worked. The big trick here is to find something that is the same weight ( or close to) and the colors match. ( match enough). What I used is light weight light colored denim ( I had disassembled a pair of pants from the eighties- oh yea I know they were I was an adult then) Here came the tricky part. I ripped the seam on the side to insert material. These pants fit great in the waist and thigh but were short, too short. I inserted a band in the pants and on the bottom to give length. I did have one problem ( some me and some with how much fabric I had to work with) on one side when I sewed the seam back together it did not match perfect. ( or even close) I was given some denim material and I appliqued a heart on to mask it - liked the way it looked so I did several more. I also embroidered a few flowers and one lone strawberry to give it a little feel - originally I purchased these birds to applique on and I truthfully felt it did not need them. However I also did not want them lost in a pile in my sewing room. HAHA if they hold up I am going to use some more on my next pair of pants.

FYI: Husband took picture and he was reluctant to do so. Had things to do he said. LOL - not the greatest photo but you get the idea






No comments:

Post a Comment