Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Prairie Bonnets

This year one of the gifts I made for friends was prairie bonnets. This has been such a hard year I felt like everyone needed some fun. They were a big hit. 😃
 These are mop Caps - I made several to be worn during the Christmas time. I told them well Mrs. Clause wears them so have fun. They can also be used as sleeping caps.






The following are Prairie caps. I had been watching Little House on the Prairie lately and wanting several of these. I never expected them to be so popular. I made several with different types of interfacing in the bib. Light weight was ok, Heavy not so good. I also tried some left over batting from quilts and that was my favorite. I would suggest medium weight if you do not have batting. I cheated and did not hand stick the bill to the cap and as such had a stitch line that was undesirable. I masked it with lace. The next ones will have the hand stitch I believe it will improve the overall appearance.



Just as a ending note the white caps were made from a king size white flat sheet. As you can guess I had plenty left over. I tried to make a apron to match an the pattern did not work out ( More likely the sewer did not work the pattern correctly-- I know that one is the truth LOL)


No comments:

Post a Comment